January 1, 2012

Sunday Stealing: The 2011 Year End Meme

1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? I drove to Georgia and back by myself.  It was a week long trip to see my son during Family Day at the Army Post where he was training.  On the way home I drove 21 straight hours so I could take my husband to the hospital.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I do not make New Year's resolutions because I know that I will not keep them. 

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No

4. Did anyone close to you die? No

5. What countries did you visit? Only the United States. I did visit several different states in 2011 (Missouri, Indiana, Illinois, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Alabama)

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? To be out of debt

7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? January 17th, the day I went to the hospital and thought I would never return.  My leg was red, swollen  and infected.  I had a very high fever and chills...found out I had MRSA.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Seeing my son graduate from High School and join the Army.

9. What was your biggest failure? Not preparing my children better for the world.  The world is a big bad place and is rather evil in some ways.  I think I could have better prepared my children for this.

10. What was the best thing you bought? Lots of video games for my husband to play while he is at home all day long by himself.  He had surgery early in 2011 and had two toes removed and will be having more surgery soon to remove toes from his other foot.  He is not  allowed to walk or drive so the video games keep him busy.

11. Whose behavior merited celebration? My son...he graduated from high school and graduated from BASIC/AIT in the United States Army.

12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted? Mostly celebrities and other well-known people on television and in the news (murders, child abusers, animal abusers, etc.)

13. What song will always remind you of 2011? "Love the Way You Lie" by Eminem AND "Fucking Perfect" by Pink...and a few others.

14. What do you wish you’d done more of? More walking, more exercising to lose more weight.

15. What do you wish you’d done less of?  Stressing about everything.

16. Did you fall in love in 2011? No

17. What was your favorite new TV program? Grimm on NBC

18. What was the best book you read? Ohh I read to many to pick just one.  But I think the Prey series by John Sandford were my favorites of the year with Lee Child's books coming in a close 2nd.

19. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying? To win the lottery of course...then I could pay off all my debt and our hospital bills!

20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? I have no fashion sense...I just wear whatever is comfortable (and hides my fat).

21. What kept you sane? My dear friend, RoseAnn!  She is totally awesome!

22. Who did you miss? My parents, my son, my brother and my daughter.

23. Who was the best new person you met? I didnt really meet anyone new in 2011. I have a few people that I meet throughout the years that I consider to be great people. 

24. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2011? Sometimes when you are choking the Heimlich Maneuver does not always work.  You have to stick your finger down your throat and pull out what is blocking your airway.

25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Change the voices in your head, make them like you instead." (from "Fucking Perfect" by Pink)

3 comments:

  1. stress is no good for any of us I do my fair share as well come see my answers at http://shopannies.blogspot.com/2011/12/1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shay, I am so lucky to have met you 3 years ago! You help keep me sane too! You are always there for me & for that my dearest friend, you ROCK :) Love & hugs to you and I hope we get to talk more in 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember having to do that once for someone who was chocking.

    Happy New Year!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/12/fell-in-love-amd-um-cannot-say/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I appreciate you!